The perfect blend of fall veggies for a filling salad this Sukkot! This sugar free dressing is so fantastic you will want to triple the recipe and use it on endless salads and as a marinade on meats, chicken and fish.
- 3-4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 8 ounces sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 large or 2 medium fennel bulbs, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1 box pre-checked spring mix
- 1 box pre-checked kale
- Zeta Olive Oil and salt for roasting and sautéing veggies
Balsamic ‘N Herb Dressing
- 1/3 cup Tuscanini Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup Zeta Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cubes Gefen Frozen Garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary and/or thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Gefen Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground Gefen Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Gefen Himalayan Pink or sea salt
Prepare the Butternut Squash
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place cubed squash on two cookie sheets lined with Gefen Easy Baking Parchment Paper. Spray with olive oil and season with one teaspoon salt. Make sure to spread the pieces out, not filling the pan too much, or it will create steam and you will end up with soft squash.
Roast for about 30 minutes. Check the oven after 20 minutes and toss the squash. Take out any well-done pieces so they don’t burn while the rest brown.
Prepare the Portobello Mushrooms
Heat a large skillet on a medium heat and spray with olive oil. Place sliced mushrooms in the pan and allow to sweat before seasoning with salt.
Continue to sauté until the mushrooms shrink and brown on both sides.
Prepare the Fennel
Heat a large skillet on medium heat and spray with olive oil. Sauté chopped fennel for about eight minutes. Season with salt.
Prepare the Dressing
Mix all ingredients in a food processor fitted with an S blade bedside the oil. Drizzle oil slowly until to combine. Store at room temperature.
Feel free to double or triple the recipe to use on any salad combo.
Lay spring mix and kale in a serving bowl. Add butternut squash, mushrooms, fennel, and avocado.
Top with nuts and pumpkin seeds.