Passover Chocolate Cheesecake
This kosher dish is perfect for a Seder dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups crushed chocolate macaroon cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons matzo meal
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together the crushed macaroons and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven; remove and cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese and sugar together until well blended. Stir in matzo meal, milk and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Combine the chocolate chips and butter in a small microwave-safe dish. Heat at 30 second intervals until melted, stirring at each interval. Stir into the cream cheese batter. Pour the batter over the cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the center appears solid when jiggled slightly.